10 Tips for Parenting a Child with ADHD (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
ADHD in Children Symptoms
ADHD in childhood becomes apparent when the child exhibits symptoms of hyperactivity, inability to sit still or pay attention, and impulsivity. The degree of severity varies widely. Some children with ADHD may need only mild interventions and guidance, while others require much greater support to achieve optimal levels of function. While doctors do not fully understand what causes ADHD, it is believed to be related to both changes in the chemical environment of the brain as well as inherited or genetic factors. ADHD does tend to run in families.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/15/2013
Must Read Articles Related to 10 Tips for Parenting a Child with ADHD
- Need Help Managing Your Child's ADHD?
- 6 Parenting Tips for Raising Kids With ADHD
- The Truth About Childhood ADHD
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair