10 Tips for Parenting a Child with ADHD (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
ADHD in Children: Boys vs. Girls
ADHD is more common in boys than in girls. The predominantly hyperactive type of the condition is four times more common in boys, while the inattentive type is two times more common in boys than in girls. Children of all ages can be affected, and the condition can persist into adulthood. Medications are available that can treat many of the symptoms of ADHD, although they do not “cure” the condition.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/15/2013
Must Read Articles Related to 10 Tips for Parenting a Child with ADHD
- Need Help Managing Your Child's ADHD?
- 6 Parenting Tips for Raising Kids With ADHD
- The Truth About Childhood ADHD
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair