Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening
Your doctor may recommend a screening test if you are a man who is:
Some doctors think that other groups should be screened too. Some say all men 65 years and older should be screened, regardless of their risk. Some say men as young as 50 should be screened if they have a family history. Some say women age 65 and older should be screened if they have ever smoked or have a family history of AAA. Some say women should not be screened at all.
Talk to your doctor about whether the benefits of screening would outweigh the risks in your case. For more information, see:
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication