Viewer Comments: Abdominal Pain - Medical Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Abdominal Pain (Adults):

Abdominal Pain - Medical Treatment

Please describe the cause and treatment of your abdominal pain.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I had an appendectomy and ever since then when I eat or sometimes when I don't eat, I get a really bad pain in my stomach that'll last about a minute. It's a sharp pain in my upper abdomen to my gut basically.

Comment from: scared, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 21

I was diagnosed with Colitis and Gastroparesis and have stomach pain all of the time. About every 4-5 months now (and it keeps getting closer together) I get what you would call the worst pain in your life in my stomach including vomiting. It used to last about 10 hours then the worst of the pain would be over and I would be transferred to a reg. room. My last episode a month ago lasted 2 1/2 weeks without subsiding. The trauma alone of what I went through left me unable to speak. I prayed to die many times and I have 2 beautiful daughters. I can not go through that again. The only rest I got was from passing out and it was a very little break. Please help me find an answer so it doesn't happen again. These attacks are not from the Colitis and many doctors have worked on me with no answer.

Must Read Articles Related to Abdominal Pain in Adults

Abdominal Pain in Children
Abdominal Pain in Children Abdominal pain in children can range from trivial to life-threatening. Some possible causes of abdominal pain in children are: infections, food related (food al...learn more >>
Aortic Aneurysm
Aortic Aneurysm An aortic aneuyrsm is a medical emergency. Abnormal enlargement or buldging of the aorta becomes an aortic aneurysm when this area becoms weakened. Common cause...learn more >>
Appendicitis
Appendicitis The cause of appendicitis is not clear. Common symptoms of appendicitis include vague abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, fever, constipation, diarrhea. Some peop...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Abdominal Pain (Adults):

Abdominal Pain - Causes

What do you think was the cause of your abdominal pain?

Abdominal Pain - Physical Examination

Please describe your experience with abdominal pain physical examination.

Abdominal Pain - Diagnosis

Please share your abdominal pain diagnosis experience.

Abdominal Pain - Self-Care

What self-care did you use on your abdominal pain?

Abdominal Pain - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your abdominal pain?