Viewer Comments: Abdominal Pain - Medical Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Abdominal Pain (Adults):

Abdominal Pain - Medical Treatment

Please describe the cause and treatment of your abdominal pain.

Comment from: Jackie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 18

I was sick to stomach throwing up for 1 day and have loose stools that was on Friday then Sat I quit throwing up but bad cramps in lower abdomen. I went to doctor Wednesday and gave stool sample on Thursday, but today Friday the cramping is so bad its making me sick to my stomach I'm throwing up and have only had 1 bowel movement which again is loose and stringy. The pain is so bad I don't know how to get it to stop, I've tried hot tea, food but the pain makes me throw it up. I am 79 years old and also have COPD so I'm on oxygen. Also the doctor won't have any answers until next week sometime and this pain is unbearable.

Comment from: mplance05, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I am a 24 yr old female. My pain started about 6 months ago. The pain is right below my bust line, you know right where your ribs come together it seems like. And at first, I thought like most people, it is acid reflux. But when I took some Nexium, the pain just got worse, and then I was vomiting. I was curled up in a ball on the bathroom floor crying because it hurt to move. Ever since then, I get the pain like every two months, and it takes like a whole week for the pain to subside.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I had an appendectomy and ever since then when I eat or sometimes when I don't eat, I get a really bad pain in my stomach that'll last about a minute. It's a sharp pain in my upper abdomen to my gut basically.

Comment from: scared, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 21

I was diagnosed with Colitis and Gastroparesis and have stomach pain all of the time. About every 4-5 months now (and it keeps getting closer together) I get what you would call the worst pain in your life in my stomach including vomiting. It used to last about 10 hours then the worst of the pain would be over and I would be transferred to a reg. room. My last episode a month ago lasted 2 1/2 weeks without subsiding. The trauma alone of what I went through left me unable to speak. I prayed to die many times and I have 2 beautiful daughters. I can not go through that again. The only rest I got was from passing out and it was a very little break. Please help me find an answer so it doesn't happen again. These attacks are not from the Colitis and many doctors have worked on me with no answer.

Must Read Articles Related to Abdominal Pain in Adults

Abdominal Pain in Children
Abdominal Pain in Children Abdominal pain in children can range from trivial to life-threatening. Some possible causes of abdominal pain in children are: infections, food related (food al...learn more >>
Aortic Aneurysm
Aortic Aneurysm

An aortic aneurysm is a medical emergency. Abnormal enlargement or bulging of the learn more >>

Appendicitis
Appendicitis The cause of appendicitis is not clear. Common symptoms of appendicitis include vague abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, fever, constipation, diarrhea. Some peop...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Abdominal Pain (Adults):

Abdominal Pain - Self-Care

What self-care did you use on your abdominal pain?

Abdominal Pain - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your abdominal pain?

Abdominal Pain - Causes

What caused your abdominal pain?

Abdominal Pain - Physical Examination

Please describe your experience with abdominal pain physical examination.

Abdominal Pain - Diagnosis

Please share your abdominal pain diagnosis experience.