Achilles Tendon Rupture (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Self-Care at Home
Initial treatment for sprains and strains should occur as soon as possible. Remember RICE!
Over-the-counter pain medication is an option. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is helpful for pain, but ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin) might be better, because these medications relieve both pain and inflammation. Remember to follow the guidelines on the bottle for appropriate amounts of medicine, especially for children and teens.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/12/2014
Christopher C Nannini, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Achilles Tendon Rupture
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Achilles Tendon Rupture:
Achilles Tendon Rupture - Treatment
What was the treatment for your Achilles tendon rupture?
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu