IN THIS ARTICLE
Surgery is the first treatment used for most people with excess growth hormone, regardless of the cause. Surgery brings about remission in some people, but not in all. People whoare inremission after surgery usually needno further treatment.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/19/2014
Hasnain M Khandwala, MD, FRCPC
Arthur B Chausmer, MD, PhD, FACP, FACE, FACN, CNS
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
George T Griffing, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Acromegaly
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Acromegaly:
Acromegaly - Patient Experience
Do you or a loved one have acromegaly? Please describe your experience.
Acromegaly - Medical Treatment
What medical treatment did you undergo to treat your acromegaly?
Women's Health Resources
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?