IN THIS ARTICLE
Self-Care at Home
Acromegaly is a serious medical condition with potentially fatal complications. Self-care is not recommended, except measures you can take to help you feel more comfortable. Ask your health care provider about treating bothersome or uncomfortable symptoms.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/19/2014
Hasnain M Khandwala, MD, FRCPC
Arthur B Chausmer, MD, PhD, FACP, FACE, FACN, CNS
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
George T Griffing, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Acromegaly
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Acromegaly:
Acromegaly - Patient Experience
Do you or a loved one have acromegaly? Please describe your experience.
Acromegaly - Medical Treatment
What medical treatment did you undergo to treat your acromegaly?
Women's Health Resources
- What's Triggering Your Migraines?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- Tips to Get Pregnant Faster
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?