What is acromegaly?
Acromegaly is a serious condition that occurs when the body produces too much of the hormones that control growth. This causes abnormal enlargement of bone, cartilage, muscle, organs, and other tissues. This abnormal growth can cause serious disease and even premature death.
Kathryn L Hale, MS, PA-C
Hasnain M Khandwala, MD, FRCPC
Arthur B Chausmer, MD, PhD, FACP, FACE, FACN, CNS
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
George T Griffing, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Acromegaly FAQs
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Acromegaly FAQs:
Acromegaly FAQs - Diagnosis
How was your, or your child's, acromegaly diagnosed?
Women's Health Resources
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?