Acromegaly FAQs (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Is acromegaly a fatal disease?
Acromegaly itself is usually not fatal. The complications of acromegaly, such as heart problems, high blood pressure, and diabetes, can be life threatening. Successful treatment of acromegaly, however, will usually restore normal health.
Kathryn L Hale, MS, PA-C
Hasnain M Khandwala, MD, FRCPC
Arthur B Chausmer, MD, PhD, FACP, FACE, FACN, CNS
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
George T Griffing, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Acromegaly FAQs
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Acromegaly FAQs:
Acromegaly FAQs - Diagnosis
How was your, or your child's, acromegaly diagnosed?
Women's Health Resources
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?