Acromegaly FAQs (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
How common is acromegaly?
Acromegaly is a rare disease. In the United States, about 1 in every 20,000 people has the disease. It can affect people of any age, but is most often diagnosed in adults aged 40-45 years.
Kathryn L Hale, MS, PA-C
Hasnain M Khandwala, MD, FRCPC
Arthur B Chausmer, MD, PhD, FACP, FACE, FACN, CNS
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
George T Griffing, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Acromegaly FAQs
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Acromegaly FAQs:
Acromegaly FAQs - Diagnosis
How was your, or your child's, acromegaly diagnosed?
Women's Health Resources
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?