Acromegaly FAQs (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
How do I know if I have acromegaly?
Most people do not know they have acromegaly until the disease is advanced. Signs of acromegaly often develop so gradually that they go unnoticed for years or even decades.
The most common symptom is enlargement of the hands or feet. You may notice that your rings are becoming too small, a sign that your hands are growing larger. You may need to buy larger shoes.
Kathryn L Hale, MS, PA-C
Hasnain M Khandwala, MD, FRCPC
Arthur B Chausmer, MD, PhD, FACP, FACE, FACN, CNS
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
George T Griffing, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Acromegaly FAQs
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Acromegaly FAQs:
Acromegaly FAQs - Diagnosis
How was your, or your child's, acromegaly diagnosed?
Women's Health Resources
- What's Triggering Your Migraines?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?