Viewer Comments: Acute Kidney Failure - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Acute Kidney Failure:

Acute Kidney Failure - Symptoms

What are the symptoms of your acute kidney failure?

Comment from: Billou, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 26

I was low on energy for about two weeks. One evening I fell between the bed and wall, and could not get up. I slid out on my back and began looking for a phone. During the process of sliding on my back all over the mobile home, I had diarrhea. This continued for about 10 hours. I finally found a phone and called 911. Emergency care diagnosed me with renal failure and I was admitted to the hospital for six days. Since that incident I have not had a solid bowel movement. Everything else works normally.

Comment from: jmayfield1973, 35-44 (Patient) Published: May 08

I am 39 years old. I never had health problems before. Last yr I had a potassium deficiency which we believed we fixed but i continued to feel bad. I can't keep food in. I can't get enough to drink and I don't urinate often enough. I have also been having violent diarrhea. My legs and feet started swelling and turning colors and causing severe pain. I went to the doctor three times before being diagnosed. The problem is they had me on antibiotics for the last few months which may have caused my kidney failure.

Comment from: scared wife, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 16

We knew my husband had a large kidney stone. His urine was very bloody for months. Our doctors ran all the tests for needed surgery. He was on medications for an infection. He was working this entire time, 12 hour shifts. He then began feeling bad. He would be vomiting one day with loose bowels another. He then stayed in bed. There was not anything I could really pin point until the coffee colored urine appeared. He is out of the hospital and recovering.

Comment from: IamPati, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 31

I had never had any type of renal disease and had been receiving treatment for leukemia. I began having heart attacks, increased nausea, and low blood pressure. The one indicator the doctors later told me would have been a large indicator was my urine had small bubbles in it. I would have never have thought this was a warning sign of acute renal failure.

Comment from: Concerned, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I was diagnosed with acute renal failure - I developed blisters all over my body with INTENSE itching. Upon having many tests they found I have cryoglobulinemia and will now have to have a kidney biopsy which terrifies me.

Must Read Articles Related to Acute Kidney Failure

Bladder Cancer
Bladder Cancer Bladder cancer originates within the bladder. The bladder is a hollow organ within the body that stores and releases urine.learn more >>
Chemotherapy
Chemotherapy Chemotherapy or "chemo" is a treatment for cancer. Depending on the type of cancer an individual has, it can cure cancer, control cancer. or ease cancer symptom...learn more >>
Congestive Heart Failure
Congestive Heart Failure The heart is a pump that works together with the lungs. It pumps blood in two ways. Congestive heart failure is a serious condition, but it can be managed.learn more >>