ADHD: Symptoms in Adults
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in an adult is often not noticed because the person may maintain relationships and hold a steady job. It is not unusual for a parent to discover he or she has ADHD when his or her child is diagnosed with the disorder. The key to the diagnosis of ADHD for an adult is the presence of symptoms before he or she was 7 years old.
Hyperactivity in adults is often seen as:
Inattention in adults is often seen as:
Symptoms of ADHD in adults may affect:
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
- Need Help Managing Your ADHD?
- 10 Problems That Could Mean Adult ADHD
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication