ADHD Testing (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
How to Find a Specialist Who Can Diagnose ADHD
All pediatricians are trained to screen for ADHD using readily available screening tools mentioned above. In addition to the screening, there are also developmental specialists, psychiatrists, psychologists, and other behavioral specialists who are trained to evaluate for other learning differences and associated mental-health problems. The pediatrician can refer the child to a specialist if needed.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/17/2014
Must Read Articles Related to ADHD Testing
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about ADHD Testing:
ADHD Testing - Symptoms and Signs
What symptoms and signs did you (or your child) experience before an ADHD diagnosis?
ADHD Testing - Adults
Were you diagnosed with ADHD as an adult? Please describe your experience.
- Need Help Managing Your Child's ADHD?
- 6 Parenting Tips for Raising Kids With ADHD
- The Truth About Childhood ADHD
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu