Font Size

Adhesions, General and After Surgery (cont.)

When to Seek Medical Care

See a doctor any time a person experiences abdominal pain that doesn't resolve quickly, pelvic pain, chest pain, or unexplained fever. If the person has undergone surgery or has a history of medical illness, discuss any changes in recovery or condition with a doctor.

If the person's abdominal pain is associated with high fever, continuous vomiting, swelling of the abdomen, chest pain, back pain, fainting or lightheadedness, gastrointestinal bleeding, go to the emergency department.

Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/10/2014
Medical Author:

Patient Comments & Reviews

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Adhesions (General and After Surgery):

Adhesions, General and After Surgery - Experience

What were the symptoms of your adhesions? Please describe your experience.

Read What Your Physician is Reading on Medscape

Labial Adhesions »

Labial adhesions are a common disorder in prepubertal females.

Read More on Medscape Reference »

Medical Dictionary