Advance Directives Topic Guide
Advance Directives: Advance directives center around the principles of your right to die and death with dignity. A living will tells doctors what life-prolonging treatments to perform if someone has a terminal condition or is in a persistent vegetative state. Medical power of attorney is someone who makes medical decisions for you if you become unable to make those decisions for yourself.
End-of-Life Decision Making End-of-life decision making typically involves creating two documents: an advance directive and a durable power of attorney for medical care.
Healthy Aging Resources
- 10 Symptoms of a COPD Flare-Up
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication