Advance Directives Topic Guide
Advance Directives: Advance directives center around the principles of your right to die and death with dignity. A living will tells doctors what life-prolonging treatments to perform if someone has a terminal condition or is in a persistent vegetative state. Medical power of attorney is someone who makes medical decisions for you if you become unable to make those decisions for yourself.
Hospital Admissions Hospital admissions information about going to the hospital, being admitted to the hospital, types of admissions, the admission process, your rights as a patient, advance medical directives, the services the hospital provides, the hospital team and their duties, tests you may have ordered, your treatment while in the hospital, and discharge information.
Healthy Aging Resources
- 10 Symptoms of a COPD Flare-Up
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication