Alder Dogwood, Arraclán, Arrow Wood, Aulne Noir, Black Dogwood, Bois Noir, Bois à Poudre, Bourdaine, Bourgène, Buckthorn, Buckthorn Bark, Coudrier Noir, Dog Wood, Frángula, Frangula, Frangula Alnus, Frangula Bark, Frangulae Cortex, Frangule, Glossy Buckthorn, Nerprun Bourdaine, Nerprun Noir, Rhamnus Frangula, Rhubarbe des Paysans.
Possibly Effective for...
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication