Allergy: Insect Sting (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Exams and Tests
One or more prior severe reactions to an insect sting place you at an increased risk of severe reactions with each sting.
Laboratory tests are usually not helpful.
Paul A Janson, MD
Mary Buechler, MD, Deaconess-Glover
Scott H Plantz, MD, FAAEM
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Richard Harrigan, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Allergy: Insect Sting
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Allergy: Insect Sting:
Allergy: Insect Sting - Treatment
What's your emergency plan for dealing with insect sting allergies?
Allergy: Insect Sting - Experience
What was your experience with allergies after an insect sting?
- Allergic Rhinitis: Symptoms and Treatments
- Antihistamines vs. Decongestants
- Treating Severe Allergies
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?