Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac
Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac Overview
More than half the people in the United States are sensitive to poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac. If you are sensitive, you can develop an itchy, blistering rash by coming into contact with these plants.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 8/19/2014
Daniel Jobe, MD
Zoe Diana Draelos, MD, PA
Must Read Articles Related to Allergy: Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac:
Poison Ivy Oak And Sumac - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with your poison ivy or poison oak?
Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac - Treatment
What treatment was effective for your poison ivy?
- Allergic Rhinitis: Symptoms and Treatments
- Antihistamines vs. Decongestants
- Treating Severe Allergies
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?