Alzheimer's and Other Dementias: Making the Most of Remaining Abilities
A person who is aware of losing some mental and functional abilities may be depressed or frightened and may feel like a burden to those who take care of him or her. Helping the person stay active and involved may make it easier for both of you. Take advantage of the person's remaining abilities for as long as possible.
It is important to give a person with dementia tasks and activities that occupy him or her without pushing too much.
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
- 10 Tips for Senior Health
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication