Alzheimer's Disease (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
While there is not yet a cure for Alzheimer's disease, you can create a care plan to maintain quality of life and help the person stay active.
As you get started, ask yourself, other family members, and your doctor these questions:
Care plans may include any of the following:
See Home Treatment to learn more about helping the person remain independent, making the most of the person's abilities, and dealing with new problems as they arise.
What to think about
An important part of treatment is finding and treating other medical problems the person may have.
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2012 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
- Alzheimer's Caregiver's Checklist
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?