Alzheimer's Disease Stages and Symptoms
The symptoms typical of the early, intermediate, and late stages of Alzheimer's disease vary. It is important to remember that each case is unique, and a given individual may experience some but not all of the symptoms at a given time.
Symptoms of Early Stage of Alzheimer's Disease
- Difficulty in recognizing familiar people or things.
- Difficulty recalling names of new acquaintances.
- Trouble remembering recent events or activities.
- Inability to solve simple arithmetic problems.
- Forgetting where they have recently placed objects.
- Finding the right word for a familiar thing and performing familiar tasks can be difficult.
- Individuals may seem withdrawn in social situations.
- Trouble performing complex tasks such as planning an event or paying bills.
- Individuals can still understand and participate in conversation.
- They can find their way through familiar surroundings without help.
- They can still read and write and retain information long enough to rationalize.