Alzheimer's Disease in Down Syndrome Topic Guide
Alzheimer's Disease in Individuals With Down Syndrome: Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most common form of dementia (see Dementia Overview for more information). The disease is progressive, and the brain degenerates (see Alzheimer's Disease). Alzheimer's disease is ...
Must Read Articles:
Down Syndrome Down syndrome is a genetic disorder that is caused by an extra chromosome 21. Down syndrome is also referred to as Trisomy 21. Other variations of Down syndrome include Robertsonian translocation and partial/segmental trisomy, and mosaic Down syndrome. There is no treatment for Down syndrome.
Expert Views and News
- Alzheimer's Caregiver's Checklist
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?