Alzheimer's Disease in Down Syndrome Topic Guide
Alzheimer's Disease in Individuals With Down Syndrome: Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most common form of dementia (see Dementia Overview for more information). The disease is progressive, and the brain degenerates (see Alzheimer's Disease). Alzheimer's disease is ...
Down Syndrome Down syndrome is a genetic disorder that is caused by an extra chromosome 21. Down syndrome is also referred to as Trisomy 21. Other variations of Down syndrome include Robertsonian translocation and partial/segmental trisomy, and mosaic Down syndrome. There is no treatment for Down syndrome.
Expert Views and News
- 10 Tips for Senior Health
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication