Alzheimer's Disease in Down Syndrome Topic Guide
Alzheimer's Disease in Individuals With Down Syndrome: Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most common form of dementia (see Dementia Overview for more information). The disease is progressive, and the brain degenerates (see Alzheimer's Disease). Alzheimer's disease is ...
Alzheimer's Disease Medications Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most common cause of dementia in industrialized nations. Treatment for Alzheimer's disease include interventions focusing on behavior, and the medications cholinesterase inhibitors and NMDA inhibitors, which have been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease. There is no cure for Alzheimer's disease.
Expert Views and News
- 10 Tips for Senior Health
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication