Alzheimer's Disease Stages: Symptoms and Signs (cont.)
Symptoms of Early Stage of Alzheimer's Disease
- Difficulty in recognizing familiar people or things.
- Difficulty recalling names of new acquaintances.
- Trouble remembering recent events or activities.
- Inability to solve simple arithmetic problems.
- Forgetting where they have recently placed objects.
- Finding the right word for a familiar thing and performing familiar tasks can
- Individuals may seem withdrawn in social situations.
- Trouble performing complex tasks such as planning an event or paying bills.
- Individuals can still understand and participate in conversation.
- They can find their way through familiar surroundings without help.
- They can still read and write and retain information long enough to
Must Read Articles Related to Alzheimer's Disease Stages: Symptoms and Signs
Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most common cause of dementia in industrialized nations. Dementia is a brain disorder that interferes with a person's ability to...learn more >>
Alzheimer's Disease FAQs
Alzheimer's disease is a fatal brain disorder. Familial and sporadic are the two types of Alzheimer's disease. The three stages include early, intermediate, and...learn more >>
Alzheimer's Disease Support
Alzheimer's disease patients and caregivers are under emotional and physical stress most of the day and night. Information on how to manage the stresses of this...learn more >>