Anal Itching Topic Guide
Anal Itching: Anal itching is a common problem experienced by both men and women. Examples of causes of anal itching include irritants such as perfumes, chemicals, or dyes in toilet paper, food irritants, infections, and hemorrhoids. There are risk factors for anal itching such as diseases, profuse sweating, fecal soilage, and more. Anal itching in general can be treated at home with OTC medications if necessary.
Hemorrhoids Hemorrhoids are large veins in the rectum that cause pain. Causes of hemorrhoids include constipation, straining during a bowel movement, liver disease, and more. Symptoms of hemorrhoids are generally painless bleeding from the rectum. There are a variety of over-the-counter treatments for hemorrhoids. Some do not resolve on their own so surgery is necessary.
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?