Anal Itching Topic Guide
Anal Itching: Anal itching is a common problem experienced by both men and women. Examples of causes of anal itching include irritants such as perfumes, chemicals, or dyes in toilet paper, food irritants, infections, and hemorrhoids. There are risk factors for anal itching such as diseases, profuse sweating, fecal soilage, and more. Anal itching in general can be treated at home with OTC medications if necessary.
Rectal Bleeding The rectum is the last portion of the large bowel that ends just before the anus. Bleeding from this area can be a mild or life-threatening matter. Causes of rectal bleeding include trauma, inflammation of the bowel, hemorrhoids, anal fissures, polyps, and tumors. Treatment of rectal bleeding depends on the cause.
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu