Anatomy of the Digestive System Topic Guide
Anatomy of the Digestive System: Digestion is the process in which food is broken into smaller pieces so the body can use them to build and nourish cells and provide energy. The digestive system is comprised of the mouth and salivary glands, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine.
Must Read Articles:
Anatomy Involved in Crohn's Disease The digestive system is made up of the digestive tract, which is a long series of organs, including the esophagus, the stomach, the small intestine, and the large intestine, that ...
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?