Anatomy of the Endocrine System (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
The parathyroid glands are two pairs of small glands embedded in the surface of the thyroid gland, one pair on each side. They release parathyroid hormone, which plays a role in regulating calcium levels in the blood and bone metabolism.
Stephen Kemp, MD, PhD
Must Read Articles Related to Anatomy of the Endocrine System
Women's Health Resources
- What's Triggering Your Migraines?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?