Anatomy of the Endocrine System Topic Guide
Anatomy of the Endocrine System: The endocrine system is made up of glands that produce and secrete hormones. The glands that make up the endocrine system include the hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, pineal, reproductive, and the pancreas.
Must Read Articles:
Cushing Syndrome Cushing's syndrome is a disorder caused by prolonged exposure to high levels of corticosteroids. Causes include prolonged use of steroid medications, adrenal tumors, pituitary tumors, and other tumors. Symptoms include weight gain, skin changes, muscle weakness, and psychological problems. Treatment involves surgery, radiation, or medication.
Women's Health Resources
- What's Triggering Your Migraines?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- Tips to Get Pregnant Faster
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?