IN THIS ARTICLE
There are no specific surgical interventions for the treatment of anemia. However, depending on the causes of the anemia, surgery may be a treatment option. For example, if colon cancer or uterine cancer that slowly bleeds is the cause of anemia, then surgical removal of the cancer could potentially treat the anemia.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/11/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Anemia
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Anemia:
Anemia - Experience
Please describe your experience with anemia.
Anemia - Symptoms
For anemia, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?
Anemia - Treatments
What treatment has been effective for your anemia?
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu