IN THIS ARTICLE
Some common forms of anemia are most easily prevented by eating a healthy diet and limiting alcohol use. Many types of anemia can be avoided by seeing a doctor regularly to check blood tests and when problems arise. In the elderly, routine blood work ordered by the doctor, even if there are no symptoms, may detect anemia and prompt the doctor to look for the underlying causes.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/11/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Anemia
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Anemia:
Anemia - Experience
Please describe your experience with anemia.
Anemia - Symptoms
For anemia, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?
Anemia - Treatments
What treatment has been effective for your anemia?
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu