Viewer Comments: Brain Aneurysm - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Aneurysm :

Brain Aneurysm - Diagnosis

How was your brain aneurysm diagnosed?

Comment from: Demetri, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 08

Somewhere around June 3rd of 2010 I had a blood vessel in my brain burst. I thought I had heat stroke and went to bed with a severe headache. I stayed in bed for 3 days, my ex-wife came to check on me (we're still friends) and found me unconscious. I apparently asked her to take me to a doc-in-the-box, but she thought that it was more serious than that, so she took me to the hospital. They did an MRI and found the bleeding brain aneurysm, and I was immediately taken to surgery where the doctors clipped it off. Three days later I had a massive stroke, then 6 months later I had an epileptic seizure. I am lucky to be alive. I have lost 30 percent of the strength on my right side, but I am back in college in the paralegal field.

Comment from: robk, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 09

I thought I had a pinched nerve in my neck so I made an appointment with my chiropractor which was 2 days later. When I got there he took one look and said no way, sorry I am not going to treat you. He grabbed his prescription pad and wrote a note on it, and asked me to take it to the hospital, so I did. Hours later I was told by the hospital staff I was very lucky, my aneurysm had ruptured and been leaking into my head.

Comment from: 12/31/1999, 35-44 (Caregiver) Published: August 18

My husband suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm and as he recovered over the years he gained two more un-ruptured brain aneurysms. Now it has been more than 5 years since and he lives a semi normal life. Every day is a blessing to us and we take it day by day. He is permanently disabled with his short term memory.

Comment from: Jamie6, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

In 1980 when I was in my thirties, I was diagnosed with two cerebral aneurysms. I had a craniotomy in July 1980 and another around March 1981. Recently, I experienced another aneurysm and had a coiling on March 16, 2016. I was fortunate to recover from all three procedures and will soon go to a part time job since I am retired.

Must Read Articles Related to Aneurysm (Brain)

Alcoholism
Alcoholism Alcohol problems vary in severity from mild to life threatening and affect the individual, the person's family, and society in numerous adverse ways. Signs of a...learn more >>
Kidney Disease
Chronic Kidney Disease Twenty percent of people over the age of 20 years will develop chronic kidney disease in their lifetime. Chronic learn more >>
Smoking (Cigarette)
Cigarette Smoking Cigarette smoking remains the leading cause of death and illness among Americans. Effects of smoking can cause cancers, emphysema, bronchitis, COPD, chronic cou...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Aneurysm :

Brain Aneurysm - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with brain aneurysm.

Brain Aneurysm - Treatments

How was your brain aneurysm treated?

Brain Aneurysm - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your brain aneurysm?