Viewer Comments: Angina Pectoris - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Angina:

Angina Pectoris - Treatment

What was the treatment for your angina pectoris?

Comment from: jackie jax, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 09

I just had what seemed to my cardiologist to be my first angina attack. It started 5 days ago. The first thing I remember noticing was what I thought was a stiff neck. It went away in just over an hour, then I remember having heartburn, yet I didn't eat or drink anything to cause it. Then the heart tightness started and was followed by a feeling of strangulation to the point where I thought my nose was going to explode right off my face. I went to my cardiologist and his diagnosis is either angina or my pacemaker lead is quirky. I will not know for two weeks.

Comment from: librarian, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 23

I feel chest pain spread from my chest to my left shoulder and the muscles of my arm when I walk fast.

Must Read Articles Related to Angina Pectoris

Chest Pain
Chest Pain Overview Chest pain has a variety of noncardiac and cardiac causes, some of which can be very serious. Signs and symptoms of chest pain may include burning, squeezing, o...learn more >>
Cholesterol FAQs
Cholesterol FAQs Test your cholesterol IQ by reading about cholesterol FAQs (cholesterol facts) like the risk factors for high cholesterol (diet, lack of exercise, smoking, here...learn more >>
Cholesterol Tests
Cholesterol Tests Cholesterol tests measure the cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood. The test is also referred to as a lipoprotein profile or lipoprotein analysis. T...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Angina:

Angina - Symptoms

What are your angina symptoms?

Angina - Exams and Tests

How was the exams of your angina established?