Viewer Comments: Angina - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Angina:

Angina - Symptoms

What are your angina symptoms?

Comment from: GwenNCarolina, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

Approximately two weeks ago I noticed a sharp, squeezing pain in my upper left back. I was anxious about the pain, but did not have any noticeable shortness of breath, faintness or dizziness, sweating, etc. I do have lung disease (sarcocondosis). The pain seems to get worse if I deep breathe or cough. I am a smoker (I know, stupid). I did have serious pneumonia in 2008. Wondering if this pain is heart or lung-related, or both. I have had past EKGs and labs to r/o heart attack (all were normal).

Comment from: odonna, Female (Patient) Published: May 11

It feels like I have been running in very cold weather. My chest is very tight and it hurts.

Comment from: Risper, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

With my angina, I had sudden attack in the middle of the chest and the tingling of the fingers. This appears once in a while.

Must Read Articles Related to Angina Pectoris

Chest Pain
Chest Pain Overview Chest pain has a variety of noncardiac and cardiac causes, some of which can be very serious. Signs and symptoms of chest pain may include burning, squeezing, o...learn more >>
Cholesterol FAQs
Cholesterol FAQs Test your cholesterol IQ by reading about cholesterol FAQs (cholesterol facts) like the risk factors for high cholesterol (diet, lack of exercise, smoking, here...learn more >>
Cholesterol Tests
Cholesterol Tests Cholesterol tests measure the cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood. The test is also referred to as a lipoprotein profile or lipoprotein analysis. T...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Angina:

Angina Pectoris - Treatment

What was the treatment for your angina pectoris?

Angina - Exams and Tests

How was the exams of your angina established?