Viewer Comments: Angina - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Angina:

Angina - Symptoms

What are your angina symptoms?

Comment from: big bear, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 21

Three weeks ago I had chest pain (angina) and called 911 I had 2 stents put in. Last 4 days suddenly I am short of breath and weak, but no pain. It happens when I am exercising, and also when resting; sometimes even at night waking me up from sleep. I have taken Nitrostat, but no help for last 4 to 5 minutes.

Comment from: GwenNCarolina, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

Approximately two weeks ago I noticed a sharp, squeezing pain in my upper left back. I was anxious about the pain, but did not have any noticeable shortness of breath, faintness or dizziness, sweating, etc. I do have lung disease (sarcocondosis). The pain seems to get worse if I deep breathe or cough. I am a smoker (I know, stupid). I did have serious pneumonia in 2008. Wondering if this pain is heart or lung-related, or both. I have had past EKGs and labs to r/o heart attack (all were normal).

Comment from: Joe, Male (Patient) Published: April 26

My angina symptoms were deep pains in my chest, which spread through my spinal cord between the shoulder blades. I couldn't walk for long. I couldn't sleep neither could I eat. But the doctor said my blood pressure was normal. I was very confused, panicked of death because I was suffering. I was given seven injections by my doctor, not instantly but thank goodness the last two injections saved me. I slept and woke up and the chest pains had vanished. My doctor used a powder-like injection which he mixed with something and injected me. I am healed now.

Comment from: odonna, Female (Patient) Published: May 11

It feels like I have been running in very cold weather. My chest is very tight and it hurts.

Comment from: Risper, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

With my angina, I had sudden attack in the middle of the chest and the tingling of the fingers. This appears once in a while.

Must Read Articles Related to Angina Pectoris

Chest Pain
Chest Pain Overview Chest pain has a variety of noncardiac and cardiac causes, some of which can be very serious. Signs and symptoms of chest pain may include burning, squeezing, o...learn more >>
Cholesterol FAQs
Cholesterol FAQs Test your cholesterol IQ by reading abou...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Angina:

Angina - Exams and Tests

How was the exams of your angina established?

Angina Pectoris - Treatment

What was the treatment for your angina pectoris?

Atrial Fibrillation Slideshow