Animal Bites (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Animal Bite Treatment
The treatment of animal bites, after initial inspection, irrigation, debridement, and possibly closure depends on many factors, the doctor's experience, preference, and the type of wound and location of the wound.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/26/2015
Scott D Fell, DO, FAAEM
Must Read Articles Related to Animal Bites
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Animal Bites:
Animal Bites - Type and Treatment
What kind of animal bit you, and what was the treatment?
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication