Ankle Fracture Topic Guide
Broken Ankle: An broken ankle (ankle fracture) can be caused by rolling the ankle in or out, twisting the ankle, extreme flexing of the joint, or trauma. Symptoms of a broken ankle include pain, swelling, inability to move the toes or foot, and exposed bone. Treatment of broken ankle depends on the type of fracture.
Must Read Articles:
Broken Toe The toe has many bones and one or more of the bones can be broken (fractured) after a foot or toe injury. Causes of a broken toe are generally from injury or trauma to the toe or foot. Symptoms of a broken toe may include pain, swelling, stiffness, bruising, deformity, subungual hematoma. Treatment depends upon the severity of the fracture.
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu