Ankle Fracture Topic Guide
Broken Ankle: An broken ankle (ankle fracture) can be caused by rolling the ankle in or out, twisting the ankle, extreme flexing of the joint, or trauma. Symptoms of a broken ankle include pain, swelling, inability to move the toes or foot, and exposed bone. Treatment of broken ankle depends on the type of fracture.
Must Read Articles:
Bone Mineral Density Tests Osteoporosis (or porous bone) is a disease in which bones become weak and are more likely to break. Bone mineral density tests check the strength and solidness of the bones.
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu