Ankle Fracture Topic Guide
Broken Ankle: An broken ankle (ankle fracture) can be caused by rolling the ankle in or out, twisting the ankle, extreme flexing of the joint, or trauma. Symptoms of a broken ankle include pain, swelling, inability to move the toes or foot, and exposed bone. Treatment of broken ankle depends on the type of fracture.
Must Read Articles:
Treatment of Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a disease condition of porous bones -- the porosity of which causes them to become weak and easily broken. Pain or symptoms may be absent until a bone is broken.
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu