Ankle Sprain (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Ankle Sprain Causes
Ligaments are injured when a greater than normal stretching force is applied to them. This happens most commonly when the foot is turned inward or inverted. This kind of injury can happen in the following ways:
Ankle sprain. Picture of inversion injury of ankle. Note it is turned inward.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/11/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Ankle Sprain
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ankle Sprain:
Ankle Sprain - Treatment
Please describe the treatment for your ankle sprain.
Ankle Sprain - Diagnosis
How was your ankle sprain diagnosed?
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu