Ankle Sprain (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Ankle Sprain Symptoms and Signs
Tissue injury and inflammation occur when an ankle is sprained. Blood vessels become "leaky" and allow fluid to ooze into the soft tissue surrounding the joint. White blood cells responsible for inflammation migrate to the area, and blood flow increases. The following are signs and symptoms of inflammation:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/11/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Ankle Sprain
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ankle Sprain:
Ankle Sprain - Treatment
Please describe the treatment for your ankle sprain.
Ankle Sprain - Diagnosis
How was your ankle sprain diagnosed?
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu