Ankle Sprain (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Follow-up for ankle sprains is needed only if the ankle is not healing well. This could indicate there is a previously undetected fracture or torn ligaments. An orthopedic or podiatric specialist should be consulted if initial treatment fails. Go to a doctor for follow-up care if any of the following situations:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/11/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Ankle Sprain
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ankle Sprain:
Ankle Sprain - Treatment
Please describe the treatment for your ankle sprain.
Ankle Sprain - Diagnosis
How was your ankle sprain diagnosed?
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu