Viewer Comments: Anxiety - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Anxiety:

Anxiety - Symptoms

What are your anxiety symptoms?

Comment from: Alex, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 11

For me, it just happens professionally and that too in a closed room meetings, where I need to wait for my turn to give my work status. Surprisingly, in between the meeting I am usually fine to ask and reply to others, but when the rounds are started one by one, I start panicking. I can feel and fully listen to my heart beats, running so fast. Then I feel my voice will start trembling when I speak. Usually I have lot of stuff to tell others about my hard work, but to avoid being shaky-voice guy, I skip almost everything and finish saying 'No major updates.' This is bad and I think only deep breathing and peace of mind can help me. I do not want to go for any medication.

Comment from: Charles, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 08

I have sweaty hands and feet and extreme nervousness. I've been like this since yesterday. I'm having trouble sleeping restfully. I'm very irritable and snappy. I cry for no reason and I'm very emotional all the time.

Comment from: masieee, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

My anxiety symptoms, feel faint, trembling, neck spasms, excess mucus and saliva. I have also had bile problems, bowel problems, dysphagia and acid reflux.

Comment from: Dollygirl, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

I have anxiety and I have trouble sleeping also have no concentration and get lots of headaches and worry I'll have a heart attack.

Comment from: prad, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 11

I have feelings of palpitation very frequently and mostly when I meet somebody. I have no other disorder besides this and commonly rises during official meeting and discussion also.

Comment from: Kate, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

Heart racing, and sweating of the hands and underarms to where I can't shake anyone's hands. I have had numerous doctors give me medications to cope, however the best thing that works is exercise. The medications make you sleepy and the best advice is to take a stress test by your doctor.

Must Read Articles Related to Anxiety

Disorders That Disrupt Sleep (Parasomnias)
Disorders That Disrupt Sleep (Parasomnias) Parasomnias are disruptive sleep-related disorders. They are characterized by undesirable physical or verbal behaviors or experiences. Parasomnias occur in asso...learn more >>
Grief and Bereavement
Grief and Bereavement Grief is our personal experience of loss. Mourning is a public expression of our grief. Bereavement is the period after a loss during which mourning occurs (usu...learn more >>
Heart Rhythm Disorders (Arrhythmias)
Heart Rhythm Disorders The primary function of the heart is to supply blood and nutrients to the body. The regular beating, or contraction, of the heart moves the blood throughout the...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Anxiety:

Anxiety - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your anxiety?