Viewer Comments: Aortic Aneurysm - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Aortic Aneurysm:

Aortic Aneurysm - Experience

Please share your experience with aortic aneurysm.

Comment from: Claire, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 11

I feel I had an aortic aneurysm as I had a brain bleed and a severe stroke at 36; I am now 41. All my life I had a pulse in my belly button but I thought it was normal, and I thought everyone had one. My first diagnosis was an arteriovenous malformation (AVM). Then three years later they said it was not an AVM. But after my brain hemorrhage and severe right sided stroke I feel from research that it was an aortic aneurysm as I have not had a pulse in my belly button since my disability. I know doctors and consultants know their jobs, I believe through research that it was an aortic aneurysm as I am severely disabled and I have no use of my right side at all.

Comment from: huckleberry10, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 07

I am a 57 year old male, just found out I have an aortic aneurysm, told it was 4.8 cm. I am going to see a specialist today, June 6, 2016, wish me luck.

Must Read Articles Related to Aortic Aneurysm

Abdominal Pain (Adults)
Abdominal Pain in Adults Abdominal pain in adults can range from a mild stomach ache to severe pain. Examples of causes of abdominal pain in adults include learn more >>
Blood Clots
Blood Clots Blood is supposed to clot to help repair a blood vessel that is injured. Clots or thrombi become a problem when they form inappropriately. There are a variety o...learn more >>
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes (Mellitus, Type 1 and Type 2) There are two types of diabetes, type 1 (insulin dependent), and type 2 (non-insulin dependent). learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Aortic Aneurysm:

Aortic Aneurysm - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your aortic aneurysm?

Aortic Aneurysm - Causes

What was the cause of your aortic aneurysm, or that of a friend of family member if known.

Aortic Aneurysm - Surger

Please share your experience with aortic aneurysm and surgery.

Atrial Fibrillation Slideshow