Arch Pain Topic Guide
Arch Pain: Arch pain can occur whenever something goes wrong with the function or interaction of the structures in the foot. Causes include injury (trauma), sprains, muscle strains, poor biomechanical alignment, stress fractures, overuse, or the tightness or lack of tightness of the joints in the foot. Symptoms are pain and tenderness. Home treatment includes rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE), and over-the-counter pain medications. Physical therapy, new shoes, orthotics or insoles may be recommended.
Feet Facts FAQs Get answers to your frequently asked questions (FAQs) about your feet. Learn all about your feet and how certain unsuspecting shoes can cause big problems for your little toes!
- Shoes and Diabetes: Choosing the Right Pair
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication