Viewer Comments: Arch Pain - Patient Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Arch Pain:

Arch Pain - Patient Experience

Please describe your experience with arch pain.

Comment from: Diane, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I went to bed fine and woke up with sharp pain on the inside arch at the center of my foot. I can massage all around the bone but when I touch the bone there is a sharp pain. I have had this for 2 days now. It hurts when I walk.

Comment from: Nikki6, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 03

I am recovering from 2 peroneal brevis surgeries and I perhaps overdid it when it came to rehabilitation. I thought my plantar fasciitis was flaring and began a heavy stretching and massaging routine. By the 4th day my arch pain began to hurt so bad it prevented any activity. Now I am back to RICE, Guess I wanted fast results and know I'm paying for it.

Comment from: MGE, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I have arch pain in my right foot. There is a grainy knot located straight down from the big toe in the highest part of the arch yet closer to heel. It started as a knot, sort of grainy. I have a bunion and a very high arch. I have rubbed the knot very sore and it feels like it has a bad bruise. My foot appears swollen and very tender to touch.

Comment from: Claire, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 04

I have pain on the inside of my right foot for the past few days. The arch is slightly swollen and if I touch the bone it hurts. It a low grade throbbing pain that is not going away. I took Alieve and have iced the area. It almost feels like I hit my foot on something but I did not.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Arch Pain:

Arch Pain - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your arch pain?

Arch Pain - Home Remedies

What home remedies were effective for your arch pain?