Arthritis Questions to Ask Your Doctor
Author: William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR
Note: We recommend that you consider using this page as a reference for your consultation with your doctor.
1. What is my diagnosis and how can I learn more about it?
2. Does my type of arthritis condition only affect the joints or are there other areas of my body that can be involved? Can my eyes, heart, lungs, brain, or kidneys be affected? How?
3. What is the likely course of this form of arthritis? What is the long-term outlook?
4. What are my treatment options? What are the risks of not treating at all?
5. If my symptoms worsen, what should I do on my own? When should I contact you?