IN THIS ARTICLE
Not every person with arthritis requires medical attention. For example, some patients with osteoarthritis have minimal or no pain and may not need treatment. However, for those with persisting joint symptoms, the ideal steps to take should lead to a proper diagnosis and an optimal long-term treatment plan. This plan must be customized for each person affected, depending on the joints involved and the severity of symptoms.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 9/8/2015
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Arthritis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Arthritis:
Arthritis - Effective Treatments
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your arthritis?
Arthritis - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with your arthritis?
Arthritis - Experience
Please describe your experience with arthritis.
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication