Viewer Comments: Asthma Attack - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Asthma:

Asthma Attack - Symptoms

What are your asthma symptoms?

Comment from: tswears, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

There are lots of things that trigger an attack for me. Here are just a couple. When I laugh more than just a slight chuckle, my throat tightens and I cough a lot. I can be around dogs in the daytime, but if I fall asleep near one, halfway through the night I wake up with a serious attack and can barely catch my breath. My lips turn blue, and my throat is so tight I can't use my rescue inhaler. I must keep a nebulizer ready at all times. It's the only thing that will stop an attack when I'm asleep, and even then, it takes a while to work.

Comment from: annomous, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 27

I have just been diagnosed with Asthma and it is taking some getting used to. I have trouble breathing, coughing a lot and have to use an inhaler more than I think I should need to.

Comment from: RICECRISPIE, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

My asthma symptoms include a tightness in my chest and shortness of breath. I do not usually have problems in the summer, but this summer has been awful.

Must Read Articles Related to Asthma

Allergic Reaction
Allergic Reaction An allergic reaction is an overreaction to a harmless substance. Symptoms and signs of an allergic reaction include hives, rashes, swelling, itching, wheezing, ...learn more >>
Asthma FAQ
Asthma FAQs Asthma is a disease that affects the breathing passages, or airways, of the lungs. Asthma is a chronic (ongoing, long-term) inflammatory disease that causes dif...learn more >>
Asthma in Children
Asthma in Children Children account for 47.8% of asthma-related visits to the emergency department. Asthma symptoms include wheezing, coughing, and chest tightness. Treatment focu...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Asthma:

Asthma - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your asthma?

Asthma - Symptoms

What are your asthma symptoms?