Asthma in Children Topic Guide
Asthma in Children: Children account for 47.8% of asthma-related visits to the emergency department. Asthma symptoms include wheezing, coughing, and chest tightness. Treatment focuses on managing the child's symptoms and preventing future asthma attacks with medicines that provide the best results with the fewest side effects.
Asthma FAQ Asthma is a disease that affects the breathing passages, or airways, of the lungs. Asthma is a chronic (ongoing, long-term) inflammatory disease that causes difficulty breathing. When an exacerbation or ...
Expert Views and News
Asthma and Allergy Resources
- What Are the Asthma Treatments for Kids?
- Help for Eye Allergies
- How to Spot a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?