Asthma in Pregnancy (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Asthma attacks can have a number of negative effects on pregnancy outcome. Poor asthma control is linked to preterm birth, low birth weight, and stillbirths in the fetus and hypertension in pregnant women. Women who become pregnant while being treated for asthma should not stop using their medication unless they are specifically told to do so by their health-care provider.
Irina Petrache, MD
Catherine Sears, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Asthma in Pregnancy
Asthma and Allergy Resources
- What Are the Asthma Treatments for Kids?
- Help for Eye Allergies
- How to Spot a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?