Astigmatism Topic Guide
Vision Correction Surgery Vision correction surgery changes the cornea to focus light on the back of the eye without the need for corrective lenses. There are several types of vision correction surgery, including:
Vision correction surgery can benefit those with myopia, hyperopia , and astigmatism.
- radial keratotomy (RK),
- photorefractive keratotomy (PRK),
- laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK),
- femtosecond laser-assisted LASIK (iLASIK),
- laser thermal keratoplasty (LTK),
- conductive keratoplasty (CK),
- intracorneal ring segments (ICR),
- phakic intraocular lens implants, and
- presbyopic refractive lens exchange (PRELEX).