Viewer Comments: Atrial Fibrillation - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Atrial Fibrillation (A Fib):

Atrial Fibrillation - Symptoms

What are your atrial fibrillation symptoms?

Comment from: Joe Rivers, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 18

Had a heart attack at age 42 and open heart surgery when I was 65, it took me one year to fully recover from the surgery (5 vessels). A few years after my open heart surgery I developed Atrial Fibrillation. The heart doctors tried a variety of medications and nothing cured my AF. My wife was talking to a 90 year old man about my AF and he said he use to have AF but got rid of it with a product called "Ultimate Heart Support." I purchased the product and three weeks after taking it my AF was gone. I read on the list of ingredients in the product and found the one herb that interested me in the pill was called ARJUNA. I did a study on ARJUNA and found that it has been around for hundreds of years and has been very beneficial to patients with heart problems. I was blessed to have found this product and I continue to use it faithfully and with the symptoms of AF. If you try this product and it helps you be sure to let others know about it.

Comment from: d. deese, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

With A-fib, I had a rapid heartbeat that was strange and fluttery. I had this feeling in my chest and throat. I have no paid at all, but I get these sensations a lot.

Published: April 09

I had my first a-fib attack three weeks ago. I experienced a rapid pounding heart beat that was erratic. I did not have dizziness or shortness of breath. My blood pressure shot up. After waiting an hour, I went to the ER. They administered Cardizem which immediately slowed my heart and stopped the erratic beats. Since then, I've had practically every test known to man and no cause has been found. Next, I go to have all my arteries checked and have a sleep apnea test. It would help to know what to expect in the future.

Comment from: 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 14

I don't know if this is related to my a fibrillation but I have lots of indigestion and my chest is sore on the side where my heart is. I am taking Adavan and Zoloft for depression and anxiety. I had cancer surgery 3 months ago.

Comment from: Jay, 65-74 Male Published: September 11

I have A-fib now for close to five years together with high blood pressure. I have been on Pradaxa for close to two years with no side effects, even playing handball twice a week.

Comment from: no poultry for me!, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 05

I've been tentatively diagnosed with A-Fib. My episodes start with loud ringing in my ears, followed by lightheadedness, faint feeling, extremely hot feeling all over, prickly tingly tops of hands, drenching sweat, high pulse rate. I've found that I'll have an A-Fib attack within 24 hours after eating any poultry product, including eggs...I am now avoiding all poultry products except for 'clean' products...a study done in England showed that SOME A-Fib patients experience this reaction to poultry due to the specific antibiotics fed to poultry by growers.

Comment from: carolyn, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I have had A-fib for almost 2 years. I have it mostly every day to some degree. Foods seem to stimulate it as it did the night I went to the ER. I had too much fried, rich desserts, and spicy sauces. It can happen after certain foods are eaten and sometimes when I'm at rest. It is scary at times.

Comment from: Cheryn, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I have hard, painful palpitations, even at night while I am sleeping and they wake me. I have increased heart rate(120-128), sweating, additional pain in one or both arms, neck, face, and between my shoulder blades. I've been having them for almost three years now.

Comment from: shae345, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

My symptoms consist of fast paced heart rate, tightness of the chest, trouble breathing, chest pain, sweating and numbness of my left arm. After the "episode," I feel so drained and tired.

Must Read Articles Related to Atrial Fibrillation

Atrial Flutter
Atrial Flutter Atrial flutter is an abnormality in the beating of the heart. Such abnormalities, whether in rhythm of heartbeat or speed of heartbeat, are known as arrhythmias...learn more >>
Blood Clots
Blood Clots Blood is supposed to clot to help repair a blood vessel that is injured. Clots or thrombi become a problem when they form inappropriately. There are a variety o...learn more >>
Congestive Heart Failure
Congestive Heart Failure The heart is a pump that works together with the lungs. It pumps blood in two ways. Heart failure is a serious condition, but it can be managed. It pumps ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Atrial Fibrillation (A Fib):

Atrial Fibrillation - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your atrial fibrillation?