Viewer Comments: Atrial Fibrillation - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Atrial Fibrillation (AFib):

Atrial Fibrillation - Effective Treatments

What types of procedures (for example cardioversion) have you undergone for AFib?

Comment from: lbflorida, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I have always had issues with my heart from palpitations since I was 15 yrs old, to now finally being diagnosed with atrial fibrillation it is such a uncomfortable feeling, I also suffer with HBP since 2000 and I have been on a beta blocker for two years now, I always feel weak and tired, my goal is to lose weight, I notice when I walk I feel stronger, however the feelings from this condition can be overwhelming, weakness in the chest, tightness in the chest and extreme flutters to the pint of feeling like I will pass out, this a scary feeling, I have a young child to raise and I want to finish school!

Comment from: mike v, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 28

I had an irregular/high heart rate for about three years before I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. I would have spells lasting about 3 hours where my heart rate would fluxuate between 120 and 170 beats per minute; this would happen about three times a month, sometimes 3 times a week. The frustrating part is that it never happened when I was at the doctor's office. I finally asked my doctor what I should do when I have a spell and he said to go to the emergency room. As soon as I got there they hooked me up and it took them 10 seconds to make the diagnosis. I am just now starting medication.

Must Read Articles Related to Atrial Fibrillation

Atrial Flutter
Atrial Flutter Atrial flutter is a type of arrythmia, that is, an irregularity in the beating of the heart. Atrial flutter is caused by as misfiring of electrical nerve impuls...learn more >>
Blood Clots
Blood Clots Blood is supposed to clot to help repair a blood vessel that is injured. Clots or thrombi become a problem when they form inappropriately. There are a variety o...learn more >>
Congestive Heart Failure
Congestive Heart Failure The heart is a pump that works together with the lungs. It pumps blood in two ways. Congestive heart failure is a serious condition, but it can be managed.learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Atrial Fibrillation (AFib):

Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) - Blood Thinning Medications

Do you take blood thinners? If so, please share your experience with the medications you have taken or are currently taking.

Atrial Fibrillation - Symptoms

What are your atrial fibrillation symptoms?

Atrial Fibrillation - Experience

Do you or someone you love have AFib? Please share your experience if you feel it may help others.

Atrial Fibrillation - Non Blood Clotting Medications

Do you take non blood thinning medications for AFib? If so, please share your experience with finding the right medication.

Atrial Fibrillation Slideshow